Monday 25 April 2011

Unexpected Nightmare

Life's unpredictable. You never know what will happen until it slaps you right on the face.

A bright Monday morning. Clear blue skies, sunny day. Nothing was supposed to happen. Until.. I didn't expected it. No one did. 

A scream. Panic prefects running everywhere. Chaos. Confusion.

Seeing your body on that cement floor in a pool of blood. Crimson red. Make my heart stop for a minute. How small you look at that moment. Your eyes were blank. There wasn't a sign of pain on your face. Somehow you look content. If I weren't so traumatized and worried about your safety I would've laughed. 

Teachers swarm around you like a pack of hungry wolves. Some wore worried and pained looks while some were busy discussing "stuff". I wanted to scream, shout and throw a fit or something. Why weren't the ambulance here already? Aren't they supposed to be doing their jobs? Friends, who were much closer to you than I was, were crying. Especially her. We were so lost. Like sheep without its sheppard. Your friends tried calling your parents, your brother. I swear if they knew what was to befall you, they would offer to take your place anytime. Watching them, I somehow felt I should have tried to know you better. The only thing I could do was comfort them and be comforted. 

I said a prayer for you to recover quickly. So did the rest of my class. Come back to us soon. We missed you already. 

 xoxo

1 comment:

  1. *hugs* it's a harsh awakening of what the world really is...<333

    ReplyDelete