Monday 30 May 2011

Sweet Freedom, maybe?

The starting of the holidays. The time to sit back and relax. To do nothing but sleep, eat, sleep some more and read. Yea'.. That's life. *deep sighs* Coffee..




Well, first thing's first. I did start off my holidays with a book. 

An awesome book. 

Name's "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" by Kim Edwards

Wonderful, breathtaking book. You'll get hooked once you've read it, I guarantee.

It speaks about a family who has many secrets. The dad, Dr.David Henry who've had a hard life in the past before turning into the known doctor & photographer he is now. The mom, Norah who mourned the daughter she "lost" at birth yet never really getting over it. Drinking & having affairs with other men, the main motive: just to forget everything. The son, Paul as innocent as he was. Lost in the world of music to be rid of all the frustration and anger he felt & the daughter, Phoebe Grace Henry, born as a confirmed Down-Syndrome baby. Given away at birth by the father to his nurse. As the story unfolds, you'll be able to understand what truly goes into their minds. A story that'll leave you wanting for more. (Sorry for the bad summary though =.= )




Getting on with my supposed topic, life has been treating me kind, I guess. Things ARE happening but they aren't that big to make a fuss out of it. The highlights of my week. Hmm.. I'm not quite sure about it. It's getting bored around the house now. I was supposed to cut my hair yesterday but somehow or another, it didn't 'jadi'. But I didn't know what to do with my hair anyway, so it's a plus?



Taken a few years ago ;-)

Mom said I should stop taking pictures of myself. You can't blame me right? If I had a photographer to myself I wouldn't be taking my own pictures. >_> But I think she's jealous because no one takes pictures of her. :P *laughs* KIDDING!

No comments:

Post a Comment