Tuesday 28 June 2011

King of Anything

Have you ever been slapped? 

How did it feel?

Did your cheeks hurt?

Did your heart break?

Who was it that did it? Someone close?

*shakes head* I didn't get slapped, no worries. I'm still in one piece on the outside. Just not so right on the inside.

I planned it all. Everything to the last detail. I didn't sleep the night before because I was so excited. Imma have fun tomorrow, I promised myself. Out with friends for a movie, after so long, stuck at home, my prison. Some freedom. Tch, typical small kid talk.. That's what you're thinking now right? We all go through this phrase okay.. Give me a break. As I was saying, I was so giddy and high about it, my hopes were so high. 

However, life doesn't always provide us with a fairytale ending. I forgot about my tuition. *glares* Crap. 

Well, that's not why I got mad. The reason I got mad was because I told my mom I didn't want to go for it, since it was a holiday for my school, no point getting caught up with studies when I wanted so badly to relax. I told her that on the phone. She immediately shot down my request and told me that I had to go. I said no. She said yes. I said no again and hit the disengage button. I know, my fault. No reason to get mad. She told my dad about it and he rang me up. I answered. No hello, no hi hun, no hey kiddo, not even my name, just lecture. You have to be committed your studies, you have to.. you have to.. yada yada yada. Yo dude, look here, I've never once asked to skip tuition, and now, just one time I wanna skip you turn me down with a huge scolding. Great job. After he was done, guess what he did? Yepp, he disengage on me too. Karma? *laughs* I don't believe in that. 

Later when I came home from my tuition, I was tired, annoyed, angry and really moody. My ever so wonderful family didn't even bother to ask me to eat dinner. They just left me to my room where I could sulk some more and sleep. Not before I slammed my door at them though. *grins* 

Dad woke me up later around 8, 9-ish. Banged on my door. Really loud. Called my name, it sounded thick with impatience. What for? To get the laptop in my room. He's addicted to it, just doesn't wanna admit it. He loves to read the latest scoop in politics. But forget that, just imagine yourself in bed, tired and unwilling to get up. That's how I felt at that moment. Involuntarily, I glared at him. Grouchy me.

He said: "Get out of this house if you're not happy!"

I couldn't hear the rest anymore.

Cool dad I have. 

Feel the pain now? 

Worse than the slap you received.

I broke down. I didn't know why. 
 
When I think back at it, I smile. So pathetic. So stupid of me. I earned it anyway.

Welcome to my ugly side. Peace out. ;]

xoxo

2 comments: